Michael J. Langley, M.D.
With over 20 years’ experience in urology medicine, Dr. Langley offers a broad range of general urological services. His major clinical interest is in the management of challenging cases of prostate cancer, urinary incontinence, and kidney stone disease.
He has a large experience in the surgical and medical management of prostate enlargement and excessive night time urination (nocturia). Additionally, he manages bladder cancer and other urinary malignancies.
Dr. Langley received his undergraduate degree in Biology and English from Abilene Christian College, and graduated from Baylor College of Medicine. His training in general surgery and urology was at the University of Virginia.
He is board certified by the American Board of Urology and is a member of the American College of Surgeons and:
- Holds memberships in several professional organizations.
- Was former Director of the American Cancer Society of Virginia
- Served as Chief of Staff at Montgomery Regional Hospital
- Is current Chief of Staff at Coastal Carolina Medical Center
- Served as the Medical Director of The New River Valley Surgical Center
- Was President of the Virginia Urological Society
- Served as faculty at the Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Prior to establishing New River Urology in 2009, Dr. Langley practiced in Blacksburg, VA for 19 years. He married the love of his life, Pam, in 1987 and has two sons, John and Brian. His hobbies include golf and fishing. His practice philosophy is to care for patients as family, and to keep the patient’s regular physician fully informed.
Dr. Langley is now accepting new patients, and accepts Medicare, Medicaid and most other insurances.